Well, that was quite the learning experience. On the plus side:
1. I loved how easy it was to work with piping on this pattern. It was my first pair of pants, and I was scared, but figured PJs would be forgiving. Who is going to see me, anyway? My family loves me and they do not care. I chose a bold red cotton print that I loved.
2. I found the guidance that Karen from Didyoumakethat was right on the spot. I loved participating on the Sewalong.
I did not do a muslin. I thought the measurements would fit me fine. Well, they didn’t. When I put on the pants, the size of my butt made the back dip down way too much. I was left with a nice fitting front and a huge gap in the back, on pants that were already made. This stump me for two days. Then I decided I would make a second waistband, and add that to the back of the pants; after some trial and error, I found that if I added the waistband to the back, (with two darts) and taper on the sides, that was enough to then keep the real waistband even.
I will post pictures later.